Today I wanted to share with you what I’ve been up to lately. I’ve got a part time retail job, but I’ve also been picking up various projects:
- Just got a Marketing job for The Independent Screenwriters online screenwriting classes and I’m really excited for it! The classes are taught by local Chicago screenwriters, you get one-on-one help and great resources for getting your work SOLD, plus the classes are super affordable. Check it out!
- I’m collaborating with a group of Columbia students on Twisted Loop Comics. I’m illustrating a story about a serial killer, and I’m also going to be working on branding and marketing for us. Comic art is something I previously stayed away from, because I said it “wasn’t my style” and now I don’t know why I ever thought that. It’s just a lot of work!
- I’ve started writing a novel about time travel for NaNoWriMo and I’d eventually like to design the layout with some interesting typography.
- I’m working on a logo design for Rough Crowd, but that sorta got buried under all of the other stuff I’ve been doing.
- I’m developing an idea for a series of small texture paintings to be sold in boutique stores.
- I’ve got this blog! This, along with a few other web portfolios are helping me make a name for myself out in the “real world”. If you’re reading this and you don’t know me, it’s working!
So I’ve got quite a bit on my plate, and more plans for future projects. I feel like I need more time for projects and shows, and I’m actually thinking of taking less hours at work if I start making enough money with the marketing job. It’s so exciting being a professional artist!